Some important actions & activities that may be done by
a Muslim in his day-to-day life:
1. To recite from the Holy Qur’an daily.
2. To study the Holy Qur’an with meaning regularly. To learn Arabic
3. To study the Books of Hadith with commentary.
4. To study the biography of the Prophet (SM).
5. To study the biography of Khulafa-e-Rashedin, and important Sahaba
(Companion of Prophet (SM).
6. To read the books of Dr. Yousuf Al Qaradawi, Syed Qutb, Syed Abul A’la
Maududi, Allama Iqbal and other major writers of Islam
7. To read other important Islamic Books.
8. To perform the Prayers properly and to refrain from all Bid’ah.
9. To encourage Muslims to perform Salat regularly
10. To teach Muslims how to perform Salat, Siam and rules of Zakah.
11. To inspire the rich to give Zakah and to perform Hajj.
12. To disseminate the teachings of the Qur’an.
13. To attend regularly (weekly or fortnightly) in any Tafsir Class and to
conduct such classes, if possible.
14. To conduct Islamic Classes on the basis of Islamic Books.
15. To create awareness among the people about Bid’ah and to make efforts
to eradicate these gradually.
16. To inform people about the clear instances of Shirk and to create
public sentiment against them.
17. To alert the people not to respect those things/activities which
cannot be respected according to Islam.
18. To distribute the Islamic books within the range of capability.
19. To make efforts to increase the use of Islamic Hijab (scarf etc.)
among the Muslin women.
20. To distribute newspaper cutting or e-mails which have long-term value
among the people.
21. To become member of the Islamic Organizations and to give them
22. To take initiative to establish Islamic Library.
23. To make effort to build mosque in the locality where there is no
24. To make effort to eliminate poverty (where there is poverty) with the
help and cooperation of the rich.
25. To make necessary arrangement for Islamic education, giving the same
preference both to the male and female children, if there is no such
26. To protest against all publications and writings against Islam through
letter & articles in the media.
27. To send letters and articles to the newspapers about local, national
and international problems.
28. To write in the newspapers about social problems.
29. To advise the Islamic Organizations of home & abroad.
30. To generate new ideas (art, technique, etc.) for progress of the
31. To maintain liaison with the workers of Islam and to keep desired
relationship with them.
32. To be vigilant about the right of all the members of the family and
try to keep them on the right way.
33. To arrange meeting with the members of the family regularly for
learning the lessons of Islam.
34. To give the Haqq (rights) to the neighbours and the relatives and to
work for Islam among them.
35. To analyse the local and international situation and the reasons of
changing situations in the light of Islam.
36. To make ourselves expert in our own field of activities which will
help to exert influence on the society.
37. To learn necessary skills (computer training etc.) that may help us in
doing Islamic activities.
38. To make all out efforts for publicity (Dawah) of Islam.
39. To achieve the ability of writing in English and other languages.
40. To make a congenial and friendly relationship with all members of the
society and to work for justice.